We spend a lot planning on this Japan trip. I started blogging the trip about one year ago, but only manage to complete it after one year.
To plan a family trip is never easy, as we need to cater the needs for both old and young. We can no longer plan a trip like the way we used to be. Saved on accommodation, travel light, having street food, visit many places in a day, etc. This trip we did not arrange for any of the famous queue food. I don’t want my hungry baby shouting, making a scene there. Tokyo is really a family friendly places that I highly recommended.
Hotel – we stay total 5 hotels during this trip. Cuz we are travelling from one place to another.
Hotel Wings International Yotsuya – super good location, very near to Metro Yotsuya, convenience store and eateries nearby. We booked the triple room. Room consider spacious. There is laundromat at basement. Free coffee/tea near lobby, we had it everyday before go out, before get back to our room. Hotel staff is helpful too, help us to arrange the luggage service.
Hotel Gora Onsen Aoiso – near to Hakone Tozan Cable Car Koen Shimo Station but you can walk from Gora Station as well. That’s no bathroom in the room, so we have to take bath in Onsen itself. The hotel is rather small and quiet. The staffs are friendly, we booked dinner and breakfast as well. There is private onsen that you can book for your own use.
Fuji Kawaguchiko Onsen Hotel New Century – hotel provide free shuttle service to/from Kawaguchiko station. Must book the Mt Fuji view room. Breakfast and dinner nice too. There’s 2 onsen which get swapped during day and evening time, do check out the notice board.
Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay – book as we can’t get the dates with Sheraton. Room size decent, pretty standard hotel. There is no coffee but only green tea. We didn’t try their restaurant.
Hotel Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay – nicer compare with Okura, booked with hotel breakfast. The buffet breakfast nice. We didn’t have time to try out their amenities. Seems to be pretty nice as they have indoor swimming pool.
1. Weather forecast check before step out. Their weather forecast is pretty accurate. Throughout the trip only one day is raining, and it rain the whole day!
2. Bring cash/credit card. There’s limited money changer around.
3. Maximize your spending by consolidating your purchase, look out for tax free sign and tax rebate min. spend. Their tax was 8%, as per news it will be adjusted to 10% starting Oct 2019.
4. Buy Pasmo/Suica, convenience and fuss free. Metro pass will be cheaper but depends on number of places you are visiting.
5. Avoid peak hour, especially on JR line. The crowd is crazy.. they really push their way into the train.
6. Bring water bottle, there’s always free water dispenser, even at their food court.